Monday, February 10, 2014
What a week (January 31 through February 7) busy, busy, busy...
1. Last Friday dodged ice & snow and deliverd my art and the art of Carolyn Blue to the Council for the Arts in Jacksonville NC.
2. Saturday taught my "Collage Creations" collage workshop at Artspace.
3. Sunday attended the opening reception of "Carolina Living" featuring the art of Carolyn Blue and also my art in Jacksonville, NC.
4. Monday & Tuesday, Danny Clark painted my studio.
5. Wednesday, I cleaned and reorganized my studio.
6. Thursday, I cleaned my studio and finished all my 100 Heart paintings.
7. Friday, I hung the 100 Heart paintings in my studio. Also, debuted my new paintings during First Friday.
8. Celebrated my accomplishments and blessings by treating myself to sushi. Yummy!
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
“100 Hearts: Art is for Lovers” Opening Reception & Exhibition
Where: McRay Studios, Artspace Studio 205, 201 E. Davie Street, Downtown Raleigh (near City Market & Big Ed’s)
When: First Friday, February 7, from 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
This event is open to the public.
Chocolates will be served.
A collection of new paintings by Eric McRay -- “100 Hearts: Art is for Lovers” -- debuts at McRay Studios at Artspace on Friday, February 7 through Friday, February 14.
Acclaimed North Carolina artist Eric McRay assembles new series of 100 plus - 6x6 inch original paintings to create a show teaming with energy, magic, and romance.
Named “Best Local Artist” by Metro Magazine, N&O’s “Artist to Watch”, and recently featured in Our State Magazine; Eric McRay states, “Together these pieces create a complete expression of love, sensuality, romance, and a rich quality of life”
“Remember…trends and lifestyles change so quickly, but an art collection is a visual diary of a couple’s life together”, McRay noted.
For more information about McRay Studios, visit us at www.facebook.com/mcraystudios